Tuesday, March 8, 2016

YA Review - See How They Run

Hey y'all, 

Today I'm reviewing See How They Run by Ally Carter.  


Summary from GoodReads: Inside every secret, there's a world of trouble. Get ready for the second book in this new series of global proportions--from master of intrigue, New York Times bestselling author Ally Carter. 

Grace's past has come back to hunt her . . . and if she doesn't stop it, Grace isn't the only one who will get hurt. Because on Embassy Row, the countries of the world stand like dominoes, and one wrong move can make them all fall down. 

The twists get twistier and the turns get even more shocking in the second thrilling installment of Embassy Row. 

Review after the jump! 


Review: I’ll be honest, I’m not a fan of unreliable narrators. However, this is Ally Carter and she could write a cereal ad and I would read it and most likely love it. One thing that is great about the Embassy Row series is that each book I think I see where it is going, and then BOOM, plot twist. Carter continues to explore Grace’s fragile mental state and her coping with it, and I applaud her for giving mental health such a focus in a YA novel. Another thing I love about this series is how well rounded it is. ALL of the characters, even the adults are thoroughly fleshed out, and in YA I sometimes feel like adult characters get shortchanged or are just one dimensional plot devices. My wish list for this series: The third book ASAP, my goodness Carter, quit leaving us hanging with these truth bombs at the end of your novels! And for a prequel series about Ms. Chancellor! Verdict: Another winner from Ally Carter. Highly recommend to teens, and pretty much everyone else.


Stars: 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment