Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Mystery Review - The Garden Plot

Hello, 

Today I’m reviewing The Garden Plot by Marty Wingate. 



Summary from GoodReads: Pru Parke is a middle-aged American gardener in London who turns up more than weeds. She’s moved to London to start a new life, but she’s having a terrible time finding a job – until she lands a big garden makeover in Chelsea. There, she finds murder, secrets, and lies when she unearths an ancient Roman mosaic in the garden. She worms her way into the investigation, which not only puts her in danger, but also creates tension between Pru and the inspector – although the tension isn’t all business. 

Review after the jump! 


Review: When I picked up The Garden Plot on Amazon I was concerned that it would have too much about gardening to keep me hooked. However, the character of Pru, her pursuit to find a job, and the murder mystery kept me hooked. Verdict: If you’re an Anglophile like myself, or enjoy the Rose and Thyme detective series, you will love The Garden Plot! 

Stars: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment