Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mystery Review - Death by the Dozen by Jenn McKinlay

Today I'm reviewing Death by the Dozen by Jenn McKinlay.



More after the jump!
Summary on Goodreads: Melanie and Angie are determined to win the Challenge to the Chef to promote their Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery. Mel's mentor from culinary school, Vic Mazzotta, may be one of the judges, but Mel and Angie will have to win fair and square. But, when Vic's dead body is found inside a freezer truck, Mel and Angie will need to use their best judgment to find the cold-blooded killer or they may lose more than the contest- they may lose their lives.

Review: I'm so over Angie and Roach. There, I said it. If I were Mel, or pretty much anyone else in Scottsdale, I would lock Angie and Tate in a broom closet and not let them out until they agree to get married. Aside from that, and Angie's continued insistence that Mel is secretly in love with Tate while she is currently *with* Angie's brother, Death by the Dozen was a good read. Although it did feel a bit drawn out, but maybe that was my frustration with some of the characters' decisions.

Stars: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment