Thursday, January 16, 2014

Review - United We Spy by Ally Carter

Hey Y'all,

School has officially started back so my joy-reading has (mostly) come to an end. But I've got all my reviews ready to post throughout the semester so that the blog stays updated with new reviews. Today I'm reviewing United We Spy by Ally Carter.


Summary From GoodReads: Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.

Review after the jump!

Review: I absolutely loved this book. I loved the entire series, and as excited as I was to get this book in the fall I delayed reading it until Christmas break because I just wasn't ready for the series to be over. Of course, all good things must come to an end. And I honestly haven't read such a satisfying ending to a series since the Harry Potter books. Not that I'm trying to compare them genre wise, spy thriller is a far jump from wizarding adventure, but the overall tone and arc of the series as well as how it all wraps up is (for me) very much the same in that it is absolutely fulfilling and yet bittersweet because it is the end. I could talk specifics about the book, but I would *Seriously* hate to unintentionally spoil the book so feel free to seek me out on twitter (@whitnage) to discuss particulars if you wish. However, if you have read this far in the Gallagher Girls series and enjoyed the preceding books then trust me, you will most definitely enjoy the finale because it is made of WIN.

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Well, I'm off to start outlining my school reading, wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh...school reading. I'm not too thrilled about that. It really does take away from fun reading. hah

    I haven't read any of these, but that's awesome the finale was so satisfying, as I know a lot of series aren't for many fans. These books always did sound fun though!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to try these because I thought it was more for the middle grade crowd than young adults because of the cover, but they all move so fast, it's addictive!

      Delete
  2. I gotta catch up on these! I read as far as Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover, which was the last one out at the time. I sort of fell out of them because of the Middle Grade-y elements (what kind of spy story has next to no sign of serious villains or danger for the first three books?), but I remember finding them hard to put down when I was reading them. Fast paced, definitely.

    ReplyDelete