Thursday, October 31, 2013

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!

Hey Y'all,

I am indeed alive! Sorry, I haven't posted much in the last month but it's been a whirlwind of papers and other various assignments. So this has been my face over the last month or so:



But I have good news! I have finally managed to work ahead of schedule with school so that I won't feel like a complete procrastinator when I am reading for fun, posting here, and I don't know...maybe participating in NaNoWriMo? Yep, I'm going to try and write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Which if you're like me, you'll want to know that it breaks down to: 1,667 words a day and 11,667 words a week.

School and writing? I must be nuts. But I really think I have a shot at completing NaNo this year. Last year I signed up but chickened out when it came to the actual participation part. So while I may not finish, at least I'll have tried! Plus, I've got a shiny new plot I'm working on, a sort of techno-YA themed novel. Techno being short for technology, NOT the crappy music genre. Although, could you imagine opening a YA novel and it starts blaring techno music? No thanks!

NaNoWriMo has over 200,000 users signed up so far, if you want to participate you can sign up at www.nanowrimo.org and feel free to add me to your buddy list, my NaNo name is Whitnage. Even if you're not sure you will finish, don't let that stop you. NaNo is the perfect community to do something like this, they have authors who give pep talks and cheer you on throughout the month, and you can even see if there are local participants in your region that do meet ups during the month.

The Pros: networking, motivation, & writing.

The Cons: A little bit of insanity for about 30 days.

And let's face it, we're all a little crazy 365 days a years, what's a bit more in Novemeber?

Aside from NaNoWriMo, I'm going to try and clear out my current reading list that has been sadly neglected:

- Going Rogue by Robin Benway, (Free ARC from Netgalley)
- Ten Lords A-Leaping by C.C. Benison, (Free ARC from Netgalley)
- Exposed by Laura Griffin,
- How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller,
- Knit Christmas Stockings, 2nd Edition by Gwen Steege (Free ARC from Netgalley)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (Re-read before the movie releases on Nov. 08)

As I finish these, I'll be posting reviews at (hopefully) a more frequent pace. This is so I can clear the way for my proposed Christmas Reading List. Yes, I have a Christmas Reading List. Doesn't everyone?

My goal with all of these books on writing is that they will help me to revise my NaNo novel into something suitable to query with in the Spring of 2014! 

*fingers crossed*

So wish me luck, because NaNo starts tomorrow!

Happy Halloween, 

- Whitney

P.S. - Four weeks until Turkey Day 

P.P.S. - Eight weeks until Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment