Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Review - Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers

Hey Y'all,

Today I'm reviewing an e-book from my local library, Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers.


On to the review!
Description from GoodReads:

The stark naked body was lying in the tub. Not unusual for a proper bath, but highly irregular for murder -- especially with a pair of gold pince-nez deliberately perched before the sightless eyes. What's more, the face appeared to have been shaved after death. The police assumed that the victim was a prominent financier, but Lord Peter Wimsey, who dabbled in mystery detection as a hobby, knew better. In this, his first murder case, Lord Peter untangles the ghastly mystery of the corpse in the bath.

Review: I picked this up after hearing from a friend who is a big fan of the Peter Wimsey mysteries. It was a good and decent book but after hearing all about it I was kind of disappointed with the result. I liked Peter but my favorite character was Bunter. The Watson to Peter's Sherlock, if you will. I will be picking up the second book whenever time permits and see how the story develops in the later books. Would recommend with reservations.

3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment