Monday, July 1, 2013

Review - Hard Road by J.B. Turner

Hey Y'all,

So I'm not one of those people that love summer.

No, I'm not a Yeti.

My problem with Summer is that A) I don't do heat, and B) I don't do bugs. While I may handle one of these at a time, both at the same time is a deal breaker. Plus, ya know, I'm allergic to grass, dust, & pollen. So I'm typically an indoors gal until Fall, that wonderful time of year with crunchy leaves and chilly weather. I have a point. I promise.

So for those of us who aren't sun worshippers, what better way to beat the heat than by reading Christmas themed books?! Starting Monday, July 8th and every Monday in July thereafter, I'm going to be reviewing two Christmas Anthologies. Feel free to shoot me suggestions if you have them.

Anyway, so today I'm reviewing an ARC received through Netgalley called Hard Road by J.B. Turner.


On to the review! 

Hard Road is the first in a new series by J.B. Turner featuring Jon Reznick who serves the U.S. Government as a covert assassin. Not the questioning type since losing his wife in the 9/11 attacks, Reznick nevertheless is surprised when he receives the order to kill a government scientist. Caught up in a tangled web of lies, Reznick struggles to keep himself and his 11 year old daughter safe while avoiding capture from the government and attempting to thwart a dangerous plot. 

I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to seeing what's in store for the rest of the series. The plotting was tight and pacing intense. I also liked the dynamic of Reznick's character dealing with his occupation and caring for his daughter at the same time. Definitely would recommend. 

4/5 Stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment